A Quest of Heroes (Book #1 in the Sorcerer's Ring) by Morgan Rice ~ Chapters 1 - 5

:ferris_wheel:

Jeez so far I just want to know why his dad doesnt like him so much, poor thing

God I’m near tears as I finish chapter one

periphery of the town and on the periphery of Thor’s consciousness, something deep and mysterious. Any herder who ever lost a sheep to the wood had never dared venture after it. Even his father. The tales about this place were too dark, too persistent.

Rice, Morgan. A Quest of Heroes (Book #1 in the Sorcerer’s Ring) (Kindle Locations 393-395). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

His father is such a selfish jerk I find it hard to image he'd care atall about loseing a sheep if he lost one himself, probably wouldnt run  into an area he wouldnt be harmed.

Argon smiled back, but did not respond. Thor was suddenly filled with curiosity. “How…” Thor added, fumbling for words, “…how do you know my mother? Have you met her? Who was she?” Argon turned and walked away. “Questions for another time,” he said.

Rice, Morgan. A Quest of Heroes (Book #1 in the Sorcerer’s Ring) (Kindle Locations 429-432). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

Nyooooooo, answer! I must know!!!

said. “Do not abandon it.” Thor’s eyed widened. His destiny? Important? He felt himself swell with pride. “I do not understand. You speak in riddles. Please, tell me more.” Argon vanished.

Rice, Morgan. A Quest of Heroes (Book #1 in the Sorcerer’s Ring) (Kindle Locations 455-458). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW~

“He stood slowly, out of breath, staring down, wide-eyed, as he held his wounded arm. What had just happened? Had he, Thor, just killed a Sybold?”

Rice, Morgan. A Quest of Heroes (Book #1 in the Sorcerer’s Ring) (Kindle Locations 518-520). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

Oh my gosh and his father would never believe he did this but I’m still holding out hope he doesn’t go home. What’s the point of going back and just being walked on by his dad the rest of his life? I don’t even feel differently now that I know the mom died in childbirth. They decided to have another kid, women die in childbirth, its dice everyone throws. It didn’t give his father the right to treat him so cruelly.

“Surely you can,” he answered. “But they chose my brothers—they didn’t choose me.” “Your brothers couldn’t have killed this beast.” Thor stared back, thinking. “But they have already rejected me. How can I join them?” “Since when does a warrior need an invitation?” Argon asked. His words sunk in deep. Thor felt his body warming over. “Are you saying I should just show up? Uninvited?” Argon smiled.

Rice, Morgan. A Quest of Heroes (Book #1 in the Sorcerer’s Ring) (Kindle Locations 546-553). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

I think Argon is going to be my favorite

Chapter 4! I’m loving this book