Dream Worlds Are Born

Addie & Magnus

Addie woke to the feeling of something brushing his cheek and grabbed onto the hand, his eyes snapping open, a glare already in them. “I told you to stop waking me like that.”

“I knocked, Addie, but you didn’t answer.” Magnus’s smile was infuriating and Addie shoved his hand away then sat up.

“Then leave me alone.”

“Breakfast is ready, you need to eat.”

“I’m not hungry.” Addie looked away from him and Magnus reached over, grabbing his chin and making him look into his eyes.

“Heroes should stay healthy.”

Addie jerked his chin away. “I’m not a hero anymore.”

Magnus sighed. “But you are my guest, so come and eat.” He leaned in closer, his smile widening. “Or perhaps you would like me to make you?”

Addie had to stop himself from striking Magnus, knowing it would only add fuel to the villains amusement. “Fine, I’ll get up.”

“Thank you, Addie, I’ll see you at the table.”

“Whatever.”

Magnus left him and Addie swallowed down the lump of anger and sadness in his throat. After everything, one mistake had landed him here with his former nemesis. He was sure Magnus was overjoyed at having to take care of a fallen hero and he hated it, but Magnus was the only one who had been willing to take him in.

Addie got himself together then went to the kitchen for breakfast. Magnus was waiting on him, that same smile on his face. As Addie sat he asked 'why do you wait on me most mornings?"

“I enjoy having someone to eat with” Addie took a bite, it tasted good as always. He completely trusted at this point none of the meals were laced with poison. Whatever Magnus’s reasons truly were he seemed to legitimately want him there. He started to think over breakfast he might should start adjusting to what his life was now instead of being so hostile. He was a fallen hero and wouldn’t have the respect of anybody ever again. It broke his heart all over again to think it so he tried to blank out his mind, to not think about anything but what he was doing.

“Any good?” Magnus asked.

“It’s fine, thank you.”

“Did I hear you correctly, Addie? Was that a thank you?”

“What if it was?” He couldn’t look at Magnus. He wasn’t used to this sort of thing.

“Then I must begin to question if I am truly awake.” He reached over and grabbed Addie’s chin, lifting his head. “You’re very welcome, Addie.”

Addie swallowed as he pulled his face away. “So what are you planning to do today?”

Magnus shrugged. “This and that. Perhaps you’d like to join me?”

“Join a villain while he tries to conquer the city? No thanks.”

“You wound me, Addie. Who said I was planning on doing anything bad?”

“You’re you.”

“That doesn’t mean I don’t take time off. Besides, I have you here now, so I don’t have time to be evil.”

“Sure.”

Magnus chuckled. “I mean it, you’re completely occupying my time. How about you find something for us to do, anything you want within my power.”

Addie hadn’t thought about doing anything but sulking in such a long time. Magnus guessed as much and simply enjoyed the look on his face. He hadn’t really noticed how attractive and cute Addie was until he became a fallen hero. He had always admired Addie and maybe some part of him had noted the attraction but the feelings of attraction hadn’t become apparent to him until Addie had moved in. “we could go to my spot…somewhere I used to find peace”

“Sounds fun, after breakfast?”

“sure”

“This will be fun Addie. You’ve just got to learn to trust me” Addie took another bite of food and they finished eating in silence. After they ate Magnus asked “are you ready to go to this spot?”

“yeah” Addie walked by him and Magnus followed, smiling again at how much smalled Addie was than him. He wanted to scoop him up and hold him close but not yet, maybe not ever.

“You know, I don’t think I’ve ever actually take the time to explore outside of the city before.” Magnus said as he drove.

“Really?” Addie turned away from the passenger window ti give him a questioning look. “That’s not very tactical for a villain.”

Magnus chuckled, shrugging. “I never had to fight you or anyone else in the countryside.”

“You’ve never even been hiking?”

“Not here and not since I fell into being a villain, but now that you’re here, I’m sure I’ll have plenty of other things to do.”

Addie huffed. “I’m sure and how do the men working for you feel about that?”

“They’re enjoying an extended vacation.”

“Extended? What do you mean extended?”

“I haven’t asked them to come in since you moved in.” He could tell Addie didn’t believe him and he couldn’t help but chuckle at his suspicious look. “I’m paying them too.”