Dream Worlds Are Born

Bloody Rose by Nicholas Eames: Chapter 6 - 10

:mage:

There were some who didn’t believe it. They figured she’d found it dead, or used her daddy’s gold and hired mercs to slay the beast on her behalf. But Tam had never once doubted the story was true.

Eames, Nicholas. Bloody Rose (The Band) . Orbit. Kindle Edition.

People suck

She did now. The cylops was enormous—the size of a lord’s keep, at least. How could a seventeen-year-old girl—how could anyone, for that matter—overcome something so monstrous as this? How did you even begin?

I still believe it

Tam frowned, perplexed. “He’s a bear …cub?” Dismay and laughter rippled up the canyon walls. Brune halted, obviously mortified, and buried his face behind tiny paws. A few mercs behind Tam were chuckling among themselves. Even Branigan snorted bubbles into his beer. Roderick cursed under his breath as he hurriedly struck a match. “He gets anxious, sometimes,” the booker explained, waving a hand to clear the smoke he exhaled. “The bigger the crowd, the smaller the bear.”

Lol awww

I felt so proud of Tam at the end of Chapter 6

Oh no she shot Rose. Poor Sweetie but I’m still proud of Tam for trying

“They’ve named you, by the way.” She paused, tucking her hair behind her ear as she looked over her shoulder. Rose’s back was to her, and Tam was struck by how small she seemed just now—this legend, the woman the world called Bloody Rose. “Named me what?” Tam asked. “Oh, I expect you’ll find out soon enough.”

Oh my gosh I’m so curious

“I don’t deserve it,” she grumbled. “Don’t deserve it? Tam, you killed a cyclops with a single arrow! Do you know how many arrows it took me to kill a cyclops?” “How many?” “None! I’ve never fought a fucking cyclops,

No idea why I laughed but this got a chuckle out of me

Chapter 8

Cura looked up from her book. “Penny here can’t cook for shit, but she takes very good care of Brune’s weapon. In fact, she polished it just last night.”

rofl

Cura sat alone with a book in her lap. Tam couldn’t help but steal a glance at its title. “Pixies in Peril? What’s it about?” “Pixies.” “Just pixies?” “Also peril,” said the Inkwitch dryly.

Lol

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Brune, bless his heart, made an effort to join the fight. He staggered forward on one bare foot, but then stopped suddenly and clamped a hand over his mouth to avoid spilling his guts on the arena floor.

I want to know so much more about Brune

About to move on to 11. I loved learning more about everybody in this section of the book. I really hope this author keeps producing books.