Dream Worlds Are Born

City of gods - Hellenica by Jonathan Maas: Whole Book Chat

:angel:

She regretted that request now; if she were free to roam, she could simply lay her hands on the boy and he would die with a bit of dignity. Perhaps others would be hurt, but she could help him. She knew this boy and his dull laugh should not be.

Maas, Jonathan. City of gods - Hellenica (Kindle Locations 82-85). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

I’m sure he’s miserable.

The Celts were disheartened, but not devastated; Celtic tradition prepared every boy for kidnapping, torture and death. If the Apaches tortured him, the boy would not scream, and the Celts would sing songs about Caratacus in the pubs for centuries to come.

Maas, Jonathan. City of gods - Hellenica (Kindle Locations 104-107). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

:fearful::cry:

they deformed him, with Loki’s help. They fed him a diet of lard and little else; within three months, Caratacus was a drooling simpleton. The Apaches kidnapped twenty other first-born Celtic children and did the same to them.

Maas, Jonathan. City of gods - Hellenica (Kindle Locations 107-110). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

Oh jesus…yuck for one. Wars freaking suck :confused:

The kidnappings stopped and the Apaches returned all the kidnapped boys to Éire, but the pain remained. The Celts were not prepared to take these boys in, so they sent some to be killed in foreign wars. Many, like the laughing boy in front of Kayana, ended up wandering the streets of the conurbation until they made their way to the institution.

Maas, Jonathan. City of gods - Hellenica (Kindle Locations 117-120). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

:sob:

Dr. Shaw. “Someone of your … remarkable intelligence should understand that causation and correlation—” “Would you like me to touch you?” asked Kayana, removing her gloves. “If you survive the night, I’ll admit there’s neither causation nor correlation.” Dr. Shaw thought for a moment, smiled, and put away his computerized tablet. “Let’s say you are to blame,” asked Dr. Shaw. “Your touch causes death. Do you feel remorse at your family members’ passing?”

Maas, Jonathan. City of gods - Hellenica (Kindle Locations 158-165). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

Its’ all a big joke until she wants to touch you lol

“I disagree with the sociopath part,” said Dr. Shaw. “I think you have a profound sense of justice, of fairness. I think you have an enormous amount of compassion; it just can’t be measured according to our standards.”

Maas, Jonathan. City of gods - Hellenica (Kindle Locations 173-175). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

I think that too

Great start to the book :slight_smile: I’ts definitely hooked me in

“I understand,” said Tommy, “but we must have compassion.” “True,” said Kojo. “Above all else, we must have compassion.”

Maas, Jonathan. City of gods - Hellenica (Kindle Locations 828-830). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

:purple_heart:

Part 2

Still, she felt protected in the van they had sent. The van appeared to be run-down from the outside, but the mercenary explained that the exterior was run-down on purpose, to blend in with the city and to prevent kidnappings.

Maas, Jonathan. City of gods - Hellenica (Kindle Locations 984-986). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

Smart

Part 3

Great read :slight_smile: