Dream Worlds Are Born

Darryl & Garret 3

Darryl’s head ached and he let out a groan as he began to wake. A voice called his name through the haze, a familiar scent tickles his nose, sending hunger pulsing through him. “Darryl!” The voice was clearer now and he slowly opened his eyes, blinking to focus his vision. “Oh thank goodness.” Garret’s worried face looked down at him.

“Garret?” He could see bruises around his mate’s throat and started to set up, another wave of hunger hitting. He shook his head. What was happening? “Who did this to you?” He looked around. “Where are we?” It looked like they were in a cell of sorts.

“I don’t know, I…I woke up to him strangling me. I…”

“So you’re finally awake.” They both jumped as a voice filled the room. “I was beginning to think I’d have to play with fairy on my own.” They looked to the door. A man was standing on the other side of the bars, grinning at them.

Darryl pushed himself unsteadily to his feet and stumbled over to the bars, gripping them. “Who the fuck are you?”

“Darryl, careful.” Garret said as he followed him. He didn’t want him so close to this man.

The man chuckled. “I guess you wouldn’t recognize me like this. You can call me the Ripper.”

“Liar, he’s dead.”

“Oh this body isn’t mine, I’m simply borrowing it.”

“Possession? Bastard.” Darryl’s stomach twisted and he nearly doubled over. “What did you do to me…to Garret?”

“I choked him unconscious, but you…” he leaned in a little closer, “I drugged you then I drained your blood from your body. I thought, what would be the perfect revenge?” He glanced at Garret. “He smells quite delicious doesn’t he?” His grin widened. “How long can you resist?”