Dream Worlds Are Born

Himeros & Adelaide

“Adelaide dear, be careful with that knife.” Himeros said as he reached over and took it from her. She was chopping vegetables for stew and not paying attention.

“Sorry, I just wanted to help.” She replied.

“I know, but doll or not, you can still hurt yourself.” The last time she had helped with dinner, she had nearly cut herself. He always worried when she picked one up, afraid she’d lose a finger.

“I know, I just…I want to help.”

He gave a chuckle. “Alright, let me show you again.” He moved so he was standing behind her and put the knife in her hand. He let his hands slide over hers and he saw her blush. Guilt rushed to the surface, but he knew if he stepped back she would know something was wrong. He cleared his throat. “It’s like this, watch your fingers.”

“Yes, thank you Himeros.”

He moved away from her, leaving her with the knife while he tended to the meat. He wished he didn’t have these feelings for her. She was a living doll that someone had abused and discarded. The first night he had brought her into his home she had offered to pay him with her body. He could only imagine what she had been through, especially with her former owner, so the last thing he wanted was for her to think he had ulterior motives.