Dream Worlds Are Born

Murder, Curlers, and Cream: A Valentine Beaumont Mystery (The Murder, Curlers Series Book 1) by Arlene McFarlane: Whole Book Chat

:confetti_ball:

“You wound a perm rod around a man’s what?” Detective Romero stood in the middle of my Mediterranean-styled salon, hand on his gun hip, legs spread wide. His deep voice was laced with cynicism, and his blue eyes pierced me with a look that said now he’d heard everything. I know it sounded outrageous, but good lord. It’d been several years since “Local Beautician Valentine Beaumont Uses Perm Rod to Curl Murderer’s Gonads” made front page headlines in the Rueland News. Was I ever going to live that down? It was an awful picture of me they’d run too, considering I was soaked in mud and covered in cuts and bruises. Besides, there was another crisis at hand. I mean, a dead body had just been removed from the facial bed in Ti Amo—one of my treatment rooms, not thirty feet down the hall. Didn’t this detective, in his faded jeans and brown plaid shirt, think that was a little more important?

McFarlane, Arlene. Murder, Curlers, and Cream: A Valentine Beaumont Mystery (The Murder, Curlers Series Book 1) (p. 1). ParadiseDeer Publishing. Kindle Edition.

~ Well in his defense it is a grabbing subject lol