Story 535 ~ Dakota & Rais 2

He knew what the sarcasm meant but he couldn’t live without his mate any longer. He felt that maybe if he brought him a little bit out of his comfort while spoiling him he might just take down those walls and live with him. Soon they were in the car and on their way to the festival. “Are you sure you didn’t even go to a festival when you still had your father? You were so young and memories from that age can be hard to dig up” Dakota started to try and think about life when he still had a parent who loved him. Most of what he had held on to was what an incredible person his father had been but honestly, he had always tried not to think about the memories. It was far too painful but now he wanted to know, had he gone to a festival with his father?

“Dad was busy a lot, he was a cop, but there was a day I remember, I think it was in Summer. It was a fair and I remember ice cream and cows.”

“There are always a lot of animals at the fair, cows, rabbits, sheep, all kinds and I think there was a place right next to where the cows were that sold ice cream. I remember the taste of chocolate and the smell of manure. I thought the cows were so cool.” He blushed when he realized Rais was smiling. “It’s lame, I know.”

“It’s adorable. I’m jealous I never got to see it. I can imagine your face covered in chocolate ice cream and you trying to climb into one of the pens.”

Dakota crossed his arms. “What about you? I know you were on the streets, but did you ever go to a festival or a fair?”

Rais nodded. “A couple of other kids and myself would sneak in through a hole in the fence.”

“Did you steal things?”

“I didn’t.”

“But you ate what was given to you.”

Rais chuckled. “Of course. It wasn’t often, but I enjoyed what time we had there before we got caught.”

Dakota thought of what Rais must have been like as a child the rest of the ride in the car. When they arrived Rais paid for everything despite the fact Dakota had attempted to pay for his half. That was how it normally went though. Rais took every chance he could to spoil him. “I figured why not just go for the bracelet to do anything we want. I don’t want to waste time having to come back for anything” Rais took Dakotas hand and they strolled on in. Rais seemed so happy that it rushed a tingling feeling into his heart. Rais had driven them there, had paid for everything and wasn’t even guaranteed anything and still, he was as happy as he could be just because they were together.

It amazed him how content Rais was to simply walk around with him. He finally decided on riding the super shot. “Unless you’re chicken.” He teased.

Rais chuckled. “Me? The only thing that scares me is never having you, Dakota.”

Dakota’s entire being warmed, his heart stuttering in his chest. “Well, that’ll never happen so…” he cleared his throat. “We should get in line.”

“Of course my love.” Rais pulled him gently along and they took a spot in line. Thankfully it wasn’t that long yet and they were soon sitting side by side, waiting to be buckled in.

They ended up riding it multiple times, both loving the rush of being flung up. Next they headed for some candy apples which lead them to viewing a performance. They had passed it on the way to the stand, thinking it looked interesting so they circled back once they had their apples. It turned out to be a series of little plays about different things that had happened to their town in the fall seasons of previous years. Overall it was fun to watch, the skits were more of a humorous spin on things so it kept them watching.

“We should ride the Ferris wheel next.” Dakota said and Rais chuckled at the boyish joy on his face. He was actually letting loose and probably didn’t even realize it. “What?”

“Just how happy you are. You’re so relaxed, like you don’t have a care in the world. My little workaholic can take a moment to breathe.”

Dakota blushed and looked away. “Yeah, so, I can’t help it. You make everything so enjoyable.”

“Oh? Do I now?”

Dakota’s heart skipped a beat at Rais’s suddenly seductive tone. “I didn’t mean it that way, you perv.” His eyes collided with Rais’s and he fought to push down the blush he knew was getting redder by the moment. “Maybe we should ride something different.”

“Oh no, no trying to escape, the Ferris wheel sounds like far too much fun.” He pressed a kiss to Dakota’s lips. “Very romantic.” He pointed at the wheel. “And look, they’re all enclosed for privacy.” He teased.

His heart stuttered again as he wondered what he had gotten himself into. Rais just pulled him along by the hand, happily grinning to get his mate alone on the ride and tease him some more. This one had a longer line but it still wasn’t bad with how many carts they had for people to sit in. Once in line Rais took Dakota in his arms, holding his mate against him. Dakota felt like pulling out of the embrace a few times but it felt far too good to be in his arms. When it came their time to get on Rais finally let him go but Dakota already knew from the teasing that wouldn’t last long. The door closed and Rais kissed him on the cheek before tenderly grabbing his face and bringing him in for a real kiss.

“Rais.” He turned his head and Rais kissed at his neck, nibbling at the sensitive skin there. He pulled Dakota tightly against him, the fingers of one hand tangling in his hair as the other slid beneath his shirt. “Rais, w…we can’t on the Ferris wheel.”

“Can’t what?” Rais whispered in his ear, smiling when goosebumps formed on his skin.

“You know.”

“I don’t.” He nibbled at his earlobe.

“Have sex, there are too many people.”

“Don’t you remember, that’s not a problem for me my love, if I wished it no one would be able to see us.”

“You wouldn’t?”

“I might.” He bit down on Dakota’s shoulder, satisfied when he let out a little moan. “I just want to tease you a little, nothing more my love.”

Dakotas heart still slammed against his chest regardless as Rais continued to nibble and kiss at him. He teased him most of the ride, almost laughing when they stopped and Dakota clumsily got out. “we could share a funnel cake now if you want” Rais suggested and Dakota nodded. “I love you, immensely, you know that right?” Rais added. “yeah, I love you too” Rais kissed his head again and walked him back over to where they had gotten their candy apples before the show earlier. Rais behaved himself now aside from keeping his hand on Dakotas leg. He was impossible not to touch, he practically needed any contact he could get away with.

Dakota felt so happy and at ease out here with Rais and couldn’t help but fall even more in love with him with each passing moment. Rais insisted on winning him a few prizes and even gave a few to some of the kids loitering around who had stopped to watch him. He showed off at the rock wall they had set up, making Dakota roll his eyes when he talked the men there into letting him do it without a harness. “You’re a real wild man aren’t you.” Dakota said as they moved on to the animal pens.

“Living on the streets will do that to you.”

“Spent a lot of time climbing things you shouldn’t?”

“You have no idea.”

Rais laughed. “I have some idea. How many bones did you break?”

“A couple, but my kind are very resilient.”

“I bet you were even more of a show off then. I can just see you trying to impress the other kids and even the adults.”

“Well now the only one I want to impress is you. I think I’d do anything to make you look at me.”

They stayed until dinner time then drove to a nice restaurant they both liked. “did you have fun today?” Rais asked Dakota and Dakota replied “Yeah, I guess I’ll have to unwind more”

“Good, I’m happy being with you even if we’re working but I’d like to spend more days just having fun somewhere with you”

“Is there anything else coming up you wanted to do?”

“No but I’ll look into some things. Especially for this week, all part of my plan to make you want to live with me” The waitress came and they gave her their orders, thanking her before she walked away “we got the really nice one again” Rais noted and Dakota nodded, she certainly did have an incredibly happy attitude as far as servers went. Dakota mostly liked her because his glass was never empty when she was their waitress. He drank a lot when he ate so it was nice to have someone who could actually keep up with him.

“I’ve been meaning to ask how your mother is.” Rais said.

“Good, she wants to meet you.”

Rais chuckled. “You say it with such disdain.”

“It’s not disdain, it’s self preservation.”

“She’ll meet you and see how wonderful you are and then she’ll start going on and on about us getting married and then after that it’ll be when will you give me grandchildren, will you adopt, surrogate? When?”

“I see.” He let his finger move over the edge of his wine glass. “Are you saying you don’t wish to marry me my love?”

Dakota blushed. “I…I didn’t say that.”

Rais smiled. “So you do want to marry me then, Dakota?”

“Uh…well…I mean.” He cleared his throat. “Shouldn’t you be focusing on getting me to live with you or something?”

“But this is so much more interesting. I wonder what it would take to get both of those things? Begging perhaps or seduction?”

“Be good, we’re in a restaurant.”

“Only for a bit longer my love.”

“I’ll eat slow.”

“I’m a patient man, Dakota.”

The trouble was he knew Rais very much was a patient man so he was red again. He had stumbled right into that talking about his mom but they would meet eventually and despite shutting her out when he was younger she still loved him as intensely as if that all had never happened. He could tell she wanted him to find love and a husband, the general american dream with the white picket fence and all. She was such a good woman and he often regretted living the life the way he had despite the fact she understood he had probably missed out on having a lot more good memories because he pushed her away for so long.

Rais teased and flirted with him all through dinner, amused at the fact Dakota had a little too much to drink and was having to think really hard about the words coming out of his mouth. He gave Rais a look that said he knew what he was up to and Rais guided him out after they finished eating and into his car. “You did this on purpose didn’t you?” Dakota asked as Rais drove home.

“I bought the wine, you’re the one who drank it.”

“You had just as much as I did, how come you sound sober?”

“My metabolism.”

“How unfair.” He crossed his arms. “Maybe I should punish you for that.”

Rais chuckled. “And how would you go about doing that, Dakota?”

Dakota blushed and had to look out the passenger window before he could answer. “You’ll just have to wait and see, you’re not the only one with tricks up his sleeve.” Rais stopped at a red light and reached over, gently turning Dakota’s face so he could kiss him. Dakota moaned into his mouth and Rais pulled back when the light turned green, leaving him flushed and his heart hammering in his chest. “Jerk.”

“You started it my love.”

They rode in relative silence all the way home, both men plotting different things. Rais startled Dakota when he swept him off his feet on the way to the door “hey”

“You’re drunk, let me get you to our room” It made his heart stutter again hearing the words “our room” he had to admit that was something he could get used to hearing. Tipsy he wasn’t sure why he held back at all when it came to this man. Rais was amazing, an incredible boyfriend yet he still fought him almost every step of the way, just as he had his mother after his dad died. Rais laid him gently on the bed before crawling on and starting to feel him up “Rais” Dakota said in almost a moan. Rais smiled “I just want to feel you, if you permit something more to happen so be it but let me feel my mate”

It felt amazing having Rais’s hands on him and he very nearly forgot his plans as Rais tugged his shirt off of him and loving stroked his skin. Dakota hooked his foot behind Rais’s knee and shifted his body over as he rolled Rais under him and pinned his wrists against the bed. Rais lay there grinning as Dakota reoriented himself. Moving that fast had made him a little dizzy, but he managed to focus on Rais. “Gotcha.” He said proudly.

“Every day.”

Dakota blushed. “Hush and don’t move.”

“As you wish.”

Dakota arched an eyebrow. “Really?”

“I’m at your mercy.”

Dakota huffed out a laugh as he bent down and kissed Rais, his hands pulling at his shirt until it was off. He really loved looking at him and touching him. He could deny it all day, but Rais was beautiful. He let his lips and teeth travel Rais’s torso, leaving bite marks on him. Rais closed his eyes, getting lost in the sensations his mate’s mouth was causing. “There, for getting me drunk.”

Rais huffed out a little laugh and pulled him back up and underneath him. "Consider me punished

They both stared into eachothers eyes until the hunger in both of them had their mouths moving against eachothers again. Their hands began traveling and soon they were lost on passion. They cuddled up to eachother, bodies tangling when they were both spent and happily drifted to sleep. The next morning Dakota woke to breakfast in bed. Rais looked so utterly happy and proud of his breakfast “th…thank you” he looked adorable and somehow ridiculously handsome when he looked that happy. “I managed to get myself out of bed early enough to make this in time today. I really wanted to do this for you yesterday”

“so are you saying if I stay here you’ll try to make me breakfast every day?” Rais nodded then gently caressed his cheek “Live here and marry me Dakota, please, yesterday was amazing and so was last night. Don’t you want that every night? I want you here with me so badly it hurts. I truly would do anything to have you here all the time”

Dakota let out a little sigh. “I’m kind of surprised you want me here after I’ve practically strung you along.”

“Don’t be silly, I told you I’m a patient man. I love you, Dakota, you’re my everything. I want you here when you’re ready to be here.” He pressed a kiss to Dakota’s forehead. “You don’t have to be scared.”

“I know, it’s stupid feeling this way. You’ve done nothing but take care of me. You didn’t have to ask me to work for you or fall in love with me.”

“That’s not true, I absolutely had to fall in love with you. There is no one else in the universe that can make me feel the way you do.” He held up his hand before Dakota could say anything else and went over to the wooden box he had sitting on top of his chest of drawers. He pulled it open, took something out, and came back, taking a seat next to him. “I bought this ring back when I was just starting out, it’s the second thing I bought for myself, the first was food. I want you to have it. So will you please marry me?” He lifted Dakota’s hand and slipped it on his finger. “I know it’s simple but…”

“Shut up, you idiot.” Dakota reached up and wiped at his face. “It’s perfect so just stop. I’ll marry you alright and I’ll move in.”

“Dakota, don’t cry.” He wrapped him in a hug, pressing another kiss to his forehead and then pulling back to kiss his lips. “I love you, I’ll always love you, forever.”

“My mom is going to blow my eardrums out.” He said with a happy smile. He was scared, but he knew it was alright to take a leap of faith when it came to Rais. “I love you so much, thank you for everything.” Rais gave him another kiss then went and grabbed his own plate. They both felt so content as they sat there, Dakota most of all, his heart further mended by the wonderful man sitting next to him.