Story 569 ~ Sylvie & Jarius

Sylvie was sitting with her brother Galt discussing the upcoming ball at their aunt and uncles castle when Jarius came into view, flying towards them. “do you need me to make him go away?” Her brother quickly asked and she answered 'why would I need that? We’re still friends"

“you never look happy anymore when he comes around.”

“It’s just a sucky, semi awkward situation. It’ll pass and we’ll be back to normal”

“I guess I’ll leave you guys to it then. Love you, if he becomes too much and you need him dealt with remember you have three brothers”

“I’ll be fine, out of anything he may do, hurting me would never even cross his mind” he was about to say something else but Jarius landed. Galt shifted, taking to the sky himself. “Hey Jarius” she greeted softly. “Hello Sylvie, I’m sorry but I’m going to get right to the point of why I’m here…I need to know why you said yes to going on a date with me then suddenly canceled. I don’t think it’s ridiculous to ask why even though I waited so long after to do it. Please, I promise if you talk this out with me right now and you still dont want to even give me the chance to woo you into being my mate it’ll never come up again.”

“Jarius…why does why matter”

“Because I love you…I love you so much that my heart aches every time I look at you now knowing I can never have you as my mate” Her heart stuttered in her chest “You love me?”

“Yes, I’ve loved you since the day I laid eyes on you. It took me a few months to realize it but you instantly wrapped me around your beautiful fingers Sylvie.” she sighed “you truly mean that you love me?”

“why would I just say that Sylvie?” She sighed, obviously uncomfortable. He hated being the reason she was but he had to know why if he was ever going to force himself to move on and act normal around here. He wasn’t sure it was possible but this was the only step he could think of in either that direction or getting her to change her mind. “well” she started then swallowed, fidgeting because she really didn’t want to have this conversation but he did have every right to ask her why. “Thompson told me that you move around so much because…well because you like to sleep around and that you only asked me out because it would lead to me sleeping with you eventually and from what he had heard I was your last…well stop before moving on to the next place and group of girls and I’m not judging you for it I mean…look at you…you’re so handsome. Why not sleep with a bunch of girls when it comes so easy but I just can’t be with you”

She couldn’t look at him, his aura was so angry and it scared her a little. She almost wanted to call for her brother but his voice was much different than his aura. His voice was calm and sad “Sylvie…that isn’t true at all. I mean, I’m by no means a virgin but considering how long I’ve lived I truly don’t think I’ve been with an outrageous number of women sexually.” he had to pause, he was so angry at that bastard Thompson and so heartbroken by what she thought of him he was struggling to speak. He wasn’t sure if he was going to cry or take off and beat the life out of Thompson.

“I love you Sylvie, things with you could never be a one night stand. I have caves of riches that I would give up if it meant I could have you as my mate. I love you so much I am a slave to your will. No matter how ridiculous the request I’d do anything for you, absolutely anything you asked. You are my first thought every single morning and my dreams at night. As many dragons I love collecting and learning but since the day I laid eyes on you nothing else has mattered. I haven’t had the slightest desire to leave this place until you rejected me…I haven’t been with a single other woman that lives in this kingdom. I swear that to you Sylvie. You aren’t some conquest so I can move on you are my lifes goal. I want…for now I want you to please look at me Sylvie”

She slowly looked up and her heart tripped over itself again due to the way he was looking at her “I love you and you have to see that I mean that. You of all people should know that people don’t always tell the truth about others. It was you who told me the story of your aunt and uncle. How it took them a long time to get together because your father thought it would be funny to make Cantaly think he was gay. I don’t know Thompsons motives but what he said isn’t true”

She stared at him silently until a tear tumbled down his cheek and crumbled her heart. He wasn’t lieing and she felt horrible for ever believing what Thompson said “I’m sorry Jarius…”

“you still wont give me a chance?”

“I meant I’m sorry for believing him…um…” she felt nervous for a different reason now, she felt stupid. “we can go on the date you planned if you’d still want that and we can even go to my aunt and uncles ball coming up”

“Truly?”

“Yes, of course.” She took his face in her hands and wiped the tear away. “I’m truly sorry.”

“You never have to apologize to me.”

“I do, I should have come to you immediately.”

His arms wrapped around her and he hugged her to him, pressing their foreheads together. “Thank you, Sylvie. May…may I kiss you? Just one, I promise.” Sylvie nodded shyly, her cheeks tinted red as he moved slowly in and pressed their lips together. He made it brief, but hoped she could feel how much he loved her.

“I can have that date ready tonight if you haven’t got anything else going on” He tucked some hair behind her right ear and she gave him a small smile “I’d really like that” He let her go and began to walk away but soon felt her grab his hand “Hey…” he looked at her, seeing how badly she felt all over her face “It’s alright Sylvie…all that matters is that you’ll give me a chance now” He wanted to go set up their date but he wouldn’t dare tug away, not from her when she was finally letting him be so close again. “I’ve just…I’ve never seen you cry before…I’ve never felt you that mad either”

“Mad” the word almost coming out in a laugh “I’m not sure there’s a word for how I feel about Thompson right now. The only things keeping me from giving him a piece of my mind is the fact I’d rather be with you. Let me go get our date ready, I really want to take you on it…you truly are everything to me Sylvie” She hugged him again then surprised him with a kiss on the cheek “I can’t wait for our date. Should I be anywhere at a certain time?”

“I’ll find you” she smiled, her sad face seeming a little amused “you are really talented at finding me” “me neither” he stepped away from her and took off flying into the sky. She just stood there, watching him until he was out of view. Her brother returned and she blushed “that went well”

“You stayed?”

“Of course, you were so tense I wanted to be sure nothing would happen. If I had left and he hurt you…I wouldn’t have been able to forgive myself”

“do you think it was a lie too?”

“Who knows, but what I do know is it is obvious he cares about you deeply, even if that did turn out to be his past.”

“He was so sad”

“I saw and thats good, it means if you do take him as your mate he’ll do anything to never lose you again”

“I just don’t understand why Thompson would lie.”

Galt shrugged. “Jealousy? Selfishness? Perhaps he just felt like being cruel.”

Sylvie sighed. “That’s so out of character.”

“Sometimes the heart makes us do crazy things. Even so, spreading rumors is wrong and even if his past is a bit colored, it’s no ones business to tell you but Jarius. I feel if there was any merit to the story, he loves you enough he would have told you when he thought it appropriate.”

Sylvie nodded. “Yeah, maybe I should talk to Thompson?”

Galt shook his head. “Don’t worry about it, just focus on your date with Jarius. You shouldn’t be thinking about something like that while you’re having fun.”

“You’re right.”

“Come on, you should start deciding what you want to wear, we both know it takes women forever to get ready.”

She shoved him, but couldn’t help but smile at his teasing. “Alright, let’s go.”

Jarius went to Sylvies favorite sushi place and asked for the owner. He came out the back “Jarius, what can I do for you?”

“could you have a Carolina Snow, Yummy and Crunch Roll ready for me in about two hours?” He smiled “For Sylvie Valdemar, you do know she can’t eat three, she can barely fit two in her”

“It’s her favorites and that way she can just have a little of all three. I don’t care about her finishing them”

“It’s no trouble, good luck tonight. I’m glad you two sorted whatever the problem was out…I heard Sylvie and her brothers talking in here about a falling out between you two but I wasn’t near the table long enough to hear the whole story”

“someone told her some things that weren’t true about me and it soured things a little bit but once she told me I cleared it all up…I just want this date to happen before anything else does so thanks for the luck, I really need it” Jarius hurried off, eager to have everything ready. He didn’t want to skip a single detail of the date he had imagined for them.

Home was next and then he had to see if his friend Stellen would still do his part of the date. They were close friends but this was still very last minute. Jarius wasted no time gathering what he had to at home then was soon flying as fast as he could yet again, hoping to find Stellen quickly. Jarius found luck shining on him when on the way to Stellens home he spotted him laying in a field. Jarius landed, catching his friends attention instantly.

“Not sullen any longer I see, things are better with Sylvie?”

“she’s willing to go on that date again” Stellen smiled “ah, I see, sure, you can count on me”

“Thank you”

“when?”

“tonight” Stellen chuckled “You don’t waste time. You were just mopeing yesterday so you had to of fixed things today”

“I did and the person responsible is lucky I don’t want to disappoint her.”

“Alright, what time then?”

“About eight.”

“I’ll be there.”

Jarius smiled. “Thank you.”

Sylvie had managed to get down to two dresses and looked back and forth between them as her brother leaned against the wall and watched her with an amused expression on his face. “I don’t know Galt, they’re both pretty.”

“Would you like my opinion?”

“Yes, please.”

“The mint green compliments your eyes and I think if you put a matching bow in your hair, you’ll look really beautiful.”

“Really?” Galt nodded. “Thank you.”

“Don’t worry so much sister. Just have a good time.”

“I will.”