Story 570 ~ Keltie & Kepu 2

“Kepu, where are we going?” Keltie asked as she relaxed into her husband.

“It’s a surprise.”

“A surprise?”

“Yes, so please just relax and enjoy the walk.”

She laughed. “I’m hardly walking. It’s almost like I don’t have feet at all.” She teased.

Kepu blushed. “You know I love carrying you. I can’t help it, having you against me makes me happy.”

There was no denying how sweet he was. Her big, teddy bear of a man. “I’ve never known you to keep secrets, Kepu.”

“I just want to spend some time alone with you. The children love visiting so I thought maybe we could get away for awhile, just us.”

She was blushing now, her heart fluttering in her chest. “I love you.” It was all she could think to say.

“I love you too.” He bent and pressed a kiss to the top of her head then she let herself just relax into him, her head resting against his chest and listening to the steady beating of his heart.

She actually grew tired from the gentle sway as he walked and the rhythm of his heart. Not to mention the comfort of simply being in his arms. She fought off rest though, she wanted to be alert and ready to take in wherever they were going. She let her mind wander through the possibilities and even to her kids, especially their youngest Alborz. He was well into being a grown man at this point but he was still her baby. When her thoughts wandered to their only daughter it was once again worrying if she’d ever find someone. She hated how hard it was for her being a 6 foot tall woman. It didn’t upset Umiko now but Keltie hoped her daughter could find someone before it did start to bother her.

Kepu stayed alert as he walked, listening for any signs of danger, particularly hungry predators. They generally left him alone, but hunger could drive the most timid animals to madness and though Keltie was capable of protecting herself, he wouldn’t risk her. She let out a sigh, her cheek rubbing over his chest and his heart skipped a beat at the love and contentment coming off of her. It washed over him and he wondered how he had managed to get so lucky. He bent his head and kissed her forehead, making her smile up at him. “What was that for?” She asked.

“For being so amazing.”

“You really love me don’t you?”

“Of course I do, you can feel it right?”

She giggled. “Of course silly.” She let her fingers drift lovingly over his cheek. “How far are we going? I’m so excited, I want to run ahead.”

“It’s not too much further, you’ll love it. It’s very you.”

“Very me? Now I’m really curious.”

His face warmed. “It’s wild and beautiful I mean.”

She smiled, her heart warming at the fact he was still so sweet and thoughtful after all these years. She knew not everyone was as blessed as her when it came to their relationship. Keltie could tell it meant a lot to him to surprise her so she quit asking. She simply enjoyed the moment she was in. They came across some fruit Kepu knew could be eaten safely so he asked “would you like to eat a little since this is much easier than hunting?”

“sure, I’m a little hungry and I’d rather wait as long as possible once we’re there to waste fun time hunting.” He set her down and they ate their fill before he attempted to take her in his arms again “could I ride on your shoulders?” he smiled as he lifted her up, setting her on him “comfortable?”

Keltie enjoyed their surroundings and ran her fingers lovingly through Kepu’s hair as he walked, leaving him feeling relaxed. When they drew closer to their destination, he lifted her down and back into his arms. “You have to close your eyes.”

“But then how am I supposed to see it?” She teased, loving his blush. If only people knew how easy he was to embarrass, how adorable he actually was.

“Keltie, please?”

“I’m only playing my love.” She closed her eyes and he started walking again. The forest opened up and he made his way downhill, only stopping when he was in the middle of where he wanted to take her. “Can I look?” She asked.

Keltie opened her eyes and covered her mouth as she gasped. He sat her on her feet and she turned, taking in the emerald green grass and towering above them the caps of giant red mushrooms with vines wound around their trunks. Pale white flowers sprang from them and hummingbirds and bees flitted among their petals. They stood next to a pool of water and she reached down, letting her fingers play over the glass like surface, sending small ripples across it. She turned back to Kepu, jumping into his arms and lifted her so she could kiss him. “This is amazing. When did you find this?”

“On a hunting trip with your brother. I asked him to keep it a secret.”

“You’re so sweet, Kepu.”

“We can sleep under the mushrooms and the pool is fed by an underground stream so we have plenty of fresh water.”

“It’s perfect, thank you so much.”

“Your happiness is truly all the thanks I need, well, that and some alone time. I love our kids but I’m looking forward to having you to myself for a bit” She smiled at him and he bent down to kiss her, feeling how much she wanted to do it again. “Are the mushrooms strong enough to climb? They look it and I really want to try it”

“I’d imagine they are, lets do it” He didn’t want her getting hurt but she looked so excited and it would honestly surprise him if these things couldn’t support their weight. They ran over to one, both being careful not to hurt any wildlife flying around the flowers. Keltie stopped when a hummingbird actually just flew swayingly back and forth beside her “It’s so cute” she watched it until it flitted off and then resumed her climb.

When they made it to the top Kepu took her hand. If anything happened he already had her and this was all about being close to her “this view” she almost gasped the words “It really is gorgeous”

“If we ever need to move this is where we’re doing it” Kepu chuckled at her words

She nearly gave him a heart attack when she jumped to another that was close and she giggled at the look on his face. He couldn’t help it, even after being together for so long he was still careful with her. He always worried he might hold her a little too tightly or something. She coaxed him over and hopped down next to her, immediately pulling her into his arms. She hugged him back and smiled up at him. “Ready to get down my teddy bear?”

“Yes, please, before I turn into a grizzly.”

“I don’t think that’s possible. Sorry I scared you, I’ll try not to do it again.”

He took her face gently in his hands and bent down, pressing a kiss to her lips. “You’re fine, never stop being you, just warn me next time.”

“I will.” She rubbed their noses together. “Come on, let’s explore.”

“Alright my love.”

Keltie made special effort to climb down carefully. She knew he wanted her to always be herself but she also didn’t want to give him a heart attack. They began to wander around, Keltie tugging Kepu along as they held hands. She kept pointing out different things she saw as they went along, talking excitedly about it all. Kepu just listened, smiling happily at the joy he felt seeing her so happy. “Oh look at these” Keltie said as she knelt down in front of a small grouping of gorgeous pink and purple flowers. Their petals looked like small butterflies, so much so Keltie had to touch them to be sure it wasn’t a grouping of them.

She ran around until she was exhausted and flopped down in the grass next to the pool of water with a happy sigh. Kepu chuckled as he sat down next to her and lifted her feet into his lap, removing her boots and letting his fingers move over skin, working what he knew had to be sore muscles. She let out a little moan when he rubbed her calves and his heart stuttered. She giggled, her eyes bright with love and amusement. “I felt that.” She said and he looked away.

“I know, I can’t help it when you make sounds like that.” He wanted her so much sometimes it actually scared him. She leaned up, her fingers gripping his shirt and pulling him down, her lips finding his, causing his heart to dance. “Keltie.”

“I love you, don’t worry so much.” She said softly, her words tinged with embarrassment.

“Sorry, you would think I wouldn’t after all this time. You’re just so precious to me, you…you were the only one who saw me, the real me, the only woman besides my sister who wasn’t intimidated by me. I need you always, Keltie.”

“Then stop worrying because no matter what, I’m not going anywhere.”

They began kissing again, it soon evolving into passion right where they sat. Kepu could never get enough of being with her like this. When they were spent they tugged their clothes back on and cuddled, intending to take a nap so they could explore this place at night. Much to Kelties delight it was sunset when she woke “Kepu” she whispered sweetly, kissing his cheek. He slowly opened his eyes “Yeah?”

“come on, it’s sunset. I want to walk around” They both got up “Let me know if you want me to hold you. I know I didn’t massage you much before” Keltie giggled, interrupting him “well you made me feel really amazing in another way” she winked, giving him a playful smile that had him blushing. Kepu took her hand and they walked on, Keltie excited and Kepu watchful for danger.

Keltie was easily drawn in by the fireflies and spun in circles to take them all in. “They’re like living stars.” She breathed, her hands coming up to cup one when it got close enough.

Kepu thought she looked beautiful in the firefly’s soft glow and was so captivated by her that he almost didn’t notice the big cat prowling along the edge of forest. “Keltie, could you please come here.” He said, his eyes staying on the large predator. She could feel his shift in emotion and nearly turned around, but he reached out, his fingers wrapping gently around her wrist and tugging her into him.

“What’s wrong?”

“Just a cat, he was stalking you.”

“I should have noticed. So much for being in tune with nature.” She joked.

He turned her around and pointed at the large shadow moving through the trees. “He must have thought you were less dangerous than I.”

“He would have been in for a surprise.” She turned and hugged him. “Thank you for watching my back.”

“I could do nothing else.” He took her hand again. “Come on, I have something else to show you, something you can only see at night.”

Keltie excitedly walked with him, not worried in the slightest even though a wild cat had briefly stalked them. She was going to pay a bit more attention and she knew her ever protective husband would stay alert. She smiled as she once again thought of him as her cuddly grizzly bear. They went a short ways and suddenly she saw it, gorgeous, bright colors swirling in the sky. Sometimes they’d rush down, looking like whatever caused them would hit the earth where they stood but the colors would flow and sway right back up “Oh my goodness” she gasped “want to lay down and just look up?”

“yeah” they laid down and Keltie rested her head on Kepu’s chest. Kepu wrapped his arm around her, resting his hand on her stomach “I’m so glad we napped today” Keltie said and Kepu just smiled, feeling blissful. He was glad such beautiful things existed in their world so he could share them with her.

Keltie drifted off to the gentle movements of the colors moving across the sky and Kepu lifted her, carrying her back to the pool and laying her down in the soft grass long enough for him to get a fire started. It was warm, but a fire would keep predators away. He lifted her then found a comfortable spot leaning against a tree and situated her so she sat between his legs, her head resting against his chest. His arms wrapped protectively around her and he scanned the area one more time before allowing himself to drift off.

Keltie was up before him the next day and just lay there soaking up his warmth for a few minutes. She slowly looked up at him and smiled at how peaceful he looked. “Kepu, love?” She said gently as she patted his chest and he jumped awake, looking around. She giggled and could feel his embarrassment. “It’s okay, I’m safe.”

“Sorry.” He pulled her up and buried his nose in her hair. “Did you need something?”

“Breakfast and then maybe we could play in the water for a bit.”

“Of course.”

“You’re so sweet. I really want to bring the kids here someday, I think they’d love it.”

“If they’re anything like you, and I know they are, they will.”

“And any other babies we have.”

He pulled back to look at her. “Do you want more babies?”

She smiled. “Whenever you’re ready.”

“Are you sure, all of them have been kind of big and you were always so exhausted.”

“That’s part of pregnancy, but at least I have a big, strong husband who loves carrying me around.”

“then we’ll start trying, I promise to help just as much as I did with the four we have”

“You really are just as good of a dad as you’ve been a husband” He kissed her head, once again filling with complete happiness. They went hunting together, Keltie not really the kind of wife to just wait by the fire. If their children had been there she would have stayed to sit with them but it was just her and Kepu and the hunt was just another way to explore this place. They killed a small animal, always trying to only take what they needed then quickly prepared it so they could get to swimming and the rest of the fun they knew this day would hold.

Kepu couldn’t help but stare at Keltie when she stripped down and stepped into the pool of water. She was just so breathtaking and he blushed when she turned and smiled at him then splashed him. “Come on silly, you can have me as much as you want later.”

He pulled his clothes off and got in with her, making her laugh when he was able to touch bottom when she couldn’t. “I can’t help I’m a giant.”

“It’s cute and the water’s a lot shallower than it looked.” She splashed him again and he grabbed for her, surprised when she dove down to escape his reach. She came up behind him giggling and he spent the whole time chasing her around, loving every moment, especially when he finally caught her and pulled her tightly against him. They dried themselves under the sun and he insisted she get dressed before they do anything else. Even if no one else showed up, he would hate for her to get hurt because she was naked and she was also such a temptation, he might not let her explore if she ran around with nothing on.

“Better?” she asked with an amused smile once her clothes were on “sorry”

“I tell you all the time, it makes me feel good how much you want me and I can constantly feel how much I mean to you so there’s nothing to worry about” They began to wander around again, easily spending another day there. “I’m still not even close to done being here Kepu” he chuckled “well I’m not in any hurry to leave” She kissed his shoulder then slowly moved her hand up his torso, grinning at the instant goosebumps she caused. Kepu slid a hand into her hair and brought Keltie into a sensual kiss, eager to make love again. Keltie gently bit his bottom lip as she started to slowly work off his pants.

He laid her down in the grass once they were both naked, pulling back to admire her. He let his hands slide up her legs, his fingers brushing teasingly over her thighs so she let out a breathy moan. He ran them up over her ribs, just marveling at how soft and sensitive she was. “Kepu.” Her voice was soft, needy, and he bent to kiss her as he pushed into her. He got lost in her every emotion, in the love and excited flutter of her heart. Feeling everything she felt was so euphoric and he could see from her expression that she felt the same.

She pushed him gently until he moved onto his back and he couldn’t help the gasp that escaped his lips or the stutter of his heart at how beautiful she looked, his fingers gripping gently to her hips as she moved above him. He pulled her down, his lips locking with hers as he neared his release. He pushed into her a little harder, her quivering heat pushing him over the edge so he flowed into her. He pressed feather light kisses to her face, making her smile when he planted one on the tip of her nose. “I love you Keltie.”

“I love you too.” She rested her head on his chest, catching her breath. “I might not survive to our next child at this rate.” She felt him blush and kissed his chest. “You’re just that amazing.”

“Well if a certain wife wasn’t so beautiful and perfect.”

“Oh so it’s my fault?” She teased.

“Absolutely.” He joked back.

They laughed together, both willing a new baby into her stomach soon. It had been so long since they had had a child. As she thought about it Keltie suggested “lets have more than one. I’d like to start trying again once I feel completely better from the next one. You know Umiko, Ozuru and Zavier got to be kids together. I know Alborz had a good childhood and plenty of friends but I dont know…I think I kind of regretted having him be a sort of only child, being his siblings were adults. How would you feel about two more kids so the next one can be little with someone else?”

“I’ll have ten kids with you if that makes you happy Keltie”

“dont tempt me” He pulled her in for another kiss “us trying gives me a reason to not feel so guilty for wanting you constantly so truly, as many as you want” They chuckled together again, feeling completely blissful in the moment.

Keltie loved the time they spent there, falling more and more in love with the place with every passing moment. She was disappointed when it was time for them to leave and head back home. They both knew if they didn’t their children would start to worry something had happened despite the fact they knew how strong their parents were. She stood there and gave the place one more look, letting out a little sigh and Kepu lifted her, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

“Do you want to build a second home here Keltie?” He asked, feeling how sad she was.

“Yeah, but we don’t have to just because I’m upset.”

“Then it’s decided, we’ll tell the kids and have them come and help. I’m sure your brothers would tag along and your father. It’ll be our home away from home. Sound good?”

She kissed him briefly “you’re truly the best Kepu” Keltie said softly, feeling touched by how constantly sweet he was. “I have to be to deserve someone like you” she relaxed against him, her mind a flurry of layouts for a new home in an area she felt was perfect to live. Sure there was a wildcat problem but she wasn’t worried about that. She also couldn’t wait to go home and tell her children they would be trying for to more children. She knew they would all be excited. Life had taken another amazing turn and while Keltie would remain excited about the future she wouldn’t forget to cherish every good moment she’d have getting there.

~ The End