Dream Worlds Are Born

Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) ~ Whole Book Chat

:cupcake:

Those three women, who asserted they were Amelia’s friends, knew her husband was having an affair. How long they’d held on to that information Amelia couldn’t be sure. But she found it very suspicious that they never told Christine, who would have marched over to Amelia’s house the minute the rumor started and told her about it.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 12). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

I don’t know. Telling someone something like that isn’t what everyone does. Many friendships get ruined over telling someone something like that. If they don’t want to believe it there goes the friendship so its dangerous to tell someone about an affair.

“A quick shower. No big deal. This is Oregon, after all. Quick showers happen all the time.” She soothed herself as she drove the truck out of the driveway. “You’re acting like you didn’t grow up here, like you are some noob from one of those weird rainless states like Arizona or Nevada.” She flipped on her windshield wipers.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 20). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Lol

extinguisher. “You’re supposed to have a crappy first day at a new job. If it starts off great, it can only go downhill. Start off like this, the only way to go is up.” She smiled widely, flashing the gap between her two front teeth.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (pp. 20-21). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Great attitude to have about it :slight_smile:

“You’re not very good at Go Fish,” Lila teased. “I didn’t think there was anyone who could be bad at Go Fish.”

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 28). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

I mean technically its a memory game. If you are able to keep track of what people are asking for then you tend to win if you just take it for a kids game and just ask for randomness then yeah, you can be bad at it.

But as Amelia watched Ruth set her coffee cup on the porch railing and push herself up out of the porch swing, she saw something else. Was it relief? Confidence? Sadness? Insanity? Amelia didn’t know, but it made her uneasy nonetheless.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 47). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

He sounded absolutely awful. I’m sure she hasn’t felt any emotion for him in a long time. I wouldn’t suspect her just because she doesnt care. Especially if she’s seen a lot of divorces like I have. They are long, drawn out and miserable if one person is an ass. His murder saved her years of turmoil and dealing with the jerk.

John rubbed his hands together, licked his lips, and took a deep breath. “I am not looking forward to the questions people are going to have for me in the office Monday when they’ve all seen my wife’s food truck was ten feet from a murder.” “That’s ex-wife.” Jon clenched his teeth, making his jaw bulge. “Do you have any idea how this makes me look?”

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 52). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Wow, talk about an ass. At first I thought he might just be worried about her.

“Mrs. Vega? Are you all right?” Amelia asked. “Oh, Amelia,” she cried. “They take my nephew Matthew into custody.” “For what?” “They say he killed that man.” She sobbed into a white handkerchief. “They say because he fought with him that he must have killed him. My Matthew, he’s not perfect. He’s been in trouble, but he’s a good boy.”

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 57). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

No, I think they really are looking for someone who knew the victim. I doubt it was her nephew.

“Now, look here. Some of these have kept coming, so whoever is posting them obviously doesn’t know Peter that well, or they’d know he was dead.” “Makes sense.” “So you can probably cross them off your list of possible suspects.”

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 64). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Or maybe they just want to be crossed off the list :stuck_out_tongue:

After a few minutes of quiet thinking, Amelia snapped her fingers and picked up the phone next to her bed. As a single mother, she kept a landline in her house for emergencies. With lightning speed, she dialed a number she had memorized more than ten years before and called on a regular basis.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 70). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Yeah, when I start leaving the kids alone I might get one. What if something happens and they’ve let their cellphones die or they can’t find them?

“I’ll make it up to you. How about lunch at Jack in the Box?”

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (pp. 88-89). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

I was a little kid last time I ate there. I wonder if there are any left open?

where Amelia saw something she absolutely hated: two open packages of store-bought cookies. They were the Oreo kind, one with chocolate cookie and one with vanilla cookie. Store-bought cookies were tools of the devil, for sure. Amelia shook her head and pursed her lips.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 100). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Lol

However, on a whim, Amelia typed in Ruth Indesh’s name. What she saw made her do a double take. At the top of the posts was a trip to Las Vegas. Ruth was planning a trip within the next week. “Really? Has the body even been buried yet?”

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (pp. 112-113). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Like I said, he sounds so terrible I don’t really blame her but I guess people that havent seen ridiculously bad relationships up close could never understand.

Wearing just a T-shirt and pants, with all those tattoos, he was indeed a menacing figure.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 122). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

I will never understand why tattoos make someone scary. Oh god art…save me!

“You know, they have a man in custody.” “Yes, I know. Mrs. Vega’s relative. She came by the house, asking for me to tell the truth, and…” Ruth shut her mouth tightly

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 134). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Oh snap, maybe it was her

Amelia’s gut that still stung with humiliation.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 135). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Another thing I dont get. The non cheating party feeling ashamed. Cheating is a personality trait. It seldom has anything to do with the person they are cheating on. Even if you arent happy. Grow up and leave. Cheating is cowardly

“I’ve got proof.” She let out a deep breath. “Well, maybe not proof, but I’ve certainly found a person of interest. No. She’s more than that. I’d call her a suspect if I had to, definitely a much more serious suspect than Matthew Rodriguez.” “And who is this suspect you’ve discovered all on your own?” Amelia didn’t like his condescending tone but shook it off, realizing that in his place, she would have been skeptical, too. How many phone calls had he gotten in addition to hers that were total crackpots looking for publicity?

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (pp. 153-154). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

Yeah

She looked at her children, who were smiling and laughing as they told Lila about their day at school. She hit the red Decline button and joined in their conversation. They’d only be this age for a little while longer. Amelia didn’t want to miss any of it.

Lin, Harper. Sweets and a Stabbing (The Pink Cupcake Mysteries Book 1) (p. 185). Harper Lin Books. Kindle Edition.

and John isnt worth it. Great read, feel bad for slamming the deceased so much after reading the end.