Dream Worlds Are Born

The Tiger and the Wolf (Echoes of the Fall Book 1) by Adrian Tchaikovsky: Chapter 6 - 15

:tiger::tiger2:

‘I knew, though,’ Akrit went on. ‘You’re my blood, after all. Of course you’ve mastered yourself. You’re Stone River’s child. It could be no other way.’ The unfairness of that – as though he was taking the credit for all she had done – stung her a little,

Tchaikovsky, Adrian. The Tiger and the Wolf (Echoes of the Fall Book 1) (p. 69). Pan Macmillan. Kindle Edition.

The dislike for him is so real

What surprised Maniye was how well she could run. For all her life she had been tethered to Akrit’s hall and to the scatter of mounds that was the village of the Winter Runners. At best she had gone as far as the treeline perhaps, or ventured between the fields and pens that spread out beyond the mounds. She had never known what it was like just to run, to give her paws free rein and let them tear up the miles.

Tchaikovsky, Adrian. The Tiger and the Wolf (Echoes of the Fall Book 1) (p. 104). Pan Macmillan. Kindle Edition.

:cry:

This is getting more and more interesting. Just finished chapter 10

I havent felt this bad for a character in a long time. This poor girl :frowning: I’m in chapter 12 now

I am starting to think there is more to Broken Axe. He consistently doesnt attack her. I’m really hopeful there is more to the murder of her mother. Maybe she was already dead when he came to her or maybe he just dindt want to die at the hands of an entire pack. I just hope theres an atleast passable explanation.

Just finished chapter 12. Damn, I was hoping he wasn’t trying to take her home. I was hoping for so many other things.

More recently, he had begun to wonder if it was not the girl herself, Maniye, who had cursed him. That child, born of violence, sullen and resentful, sitting up in her nook like some malign ghost: who was to say that her mother had not given her some Tiger magic at her birth to ruin the man who had conquered her?

Tchaikovsky, Adrian. The Tiger and the Wolf (Echoes of the Fall Book 1) (p. 191). Pan Macmillan. Kindle Edition.

My hate is so strong

And all this, supposing that his plan could be brought to fruition, that Maniye even still lived, that she could be brought back under his control with the Tigers whipped into service. Without that, who was Akrit Stone River but just one man among many, and a man without sons? But, aside from all such concerns and even in the midst of such feverish plotting, Akrit Stone River found that he was also a man who wanted to say a last farewell to a mentor and a friend.

Tchaikovsky, Adrian. The Tiger and the Wolf (Echoes of the Fall Book 1) (p. 197). Pan Macmillan. Kindle Edition.

I just want this man to be overthrown or killed. I think part of why I cant like anybody in his pack is simply because they’d follow such a bastard. He’s disgusting and terrible and pathetic